Spirulina powder is derived from blue-green microalgae and is known to be one of the oldest superfoods available. It is recommended to be consumed a teaspoon at a time mixed with food or beverages.
What makes it unique?
- Great source of iron and protein
- Supports gut health
- Boosts the immune system
Find out more information about Humble Market’s Spirulina Powder below.
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Nutrition Facts
- Serving Suggestions
- Storage Instructions
Personal Wellness Benefits
- Contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties – Spirulina is a fantastic source of antioxidants, which can protect against oxidative damage. Phycocyanin is the main active compound in spirulina. It has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps balance blood sugar – Spirulina powder can lower triglycerides and “bad” LDL cholesterol and may simultaneously raise “good” HDL cholesterol. The antioxidants in spirulina appear to be particularly effective at the prevention of many diseases.
- Boosts muscle strength and endurance – Spirulina powder is known to increase fat burning during exercise. Its high antioxidant content makes it beneficial in reducing exercise-induced oxidation which leads to muscle fatigue and inability to gain muscle.
Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Plastic-free Packaging
- Plastic-free Shipping
- Serving size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 20
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated Fate: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g
- Sodium: 73 mg
- Potassium: 95 mg
- Carbohydrates: 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.3g
- Sugars: 0.2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Vitamin A: 0.8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 1.2 % of DV
- Calcium: 0.7% of DV
- Iron: 11% of DV
100% made from spirulina, naturally dark blue-green algae that grow in both fresh and saltwater.
It is healthy and recommended by many experts that you consume a little bit of spirulina every day. Start by adding 1 teaspoon of spirulina to your preferred food or beverage.
Spirulina Greenberry Smoothie Bowl
Spirulina Creme Chocolate Truffles
Spirulina Basil Pesto
Store in an airtight container and keep in a cool, dark place. You may also refrigerate it to further prolong shelf life.
Q: Is this safe for everyone?
A: We want everyone to enjoy the benefits of our organic spirulina powder equally, which is why our formula is also 100% safe for those with special dietary needs. Vegan and vegetarian-friendly, dairy, and gluten-free.
Q: Can pregnant women consume spirulina powder?
A: Yes! Many women even increase the dosage during pregnancy as spirulina is also a great source of magnesium, calcium, and folic acid.
Q: How is Spirulina different from Chlorella, another blue-green alga?
A: While they both provide many health benefits, Spirulina has a higher concentration of protein and iron, as well as all 8 amino acids, and a higher percentage of beta-carotene. Chlorella has a greater level of chlorophyll.
Got a question about this product? Ask us via our chat box or contact form.