Soybeans are legumes that are a rich source of fiber, antioxidants, protein, and omega 3 fatty acids, that can offer a wealth of benefits such as improving metabolism, protecting heart health, and may also reduce the effects of menopause.
What makes it unique? Soybeans are popular especially among people who follow a vegetarian diet as it is an excellent source of protein, a plant-based alternative to meat and dairy products.
Find out more information about Humble Market’s Soybeans below.
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- Environmental Wellness Benefits
- How to Cook
- Storage Instructions
- Reviews (0)
Personal Wellness Benefits
- Relieves Sleep Disorders – One of the primary benefits of soybean is that it may help relieve symptoms of sleep disorders. Soybeans contain magnesium in high amounts, which is linked to increasing the quality, restfulness, and duration of your sleep.
- Helps manage Diabetes – Soybean has the ability to increase insulin receptors in the body. Eating soybean will keep your blood sugar levels in check and will make sure that it doesn’t spike thanks to the soy isoflavones.
- Supports Bone Health – Soybeans have high mineral and vitamin content. The impressive levels of zinc, selenium, copper, magnesium, and calcium in soybean help in keeping the bones stronger and healthy.
- Aids in Healthy Digestion – Dietary fiber is present in soybean in high quantities. Dietary fiber is essential for total body functioning and plays a vital role in the digestive system.
Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Plastic-free Packaging
- Plastic-free Shipping
- Locally sourced
100% Dried Soybeans
How to Cook
Before cooking soybeans stovetop, you’ll want to soak them well. We recommend at least four hours but preferably overnight. To soak soybeans, place them in a large bowl or pot and cover them with plenty of water. When you’re ready to cook them, drain the water and give the beans another quick rinse.
Cook soybeans in a 1:3 ratio with water. That is for every one cup of soybeans, you want about three cups of water.
Soy Milk-Arborio Rice Pudding with Poached Figs
Store in an airtight container and keep in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
Q: Can I freeze cooked soybeans after?
A: Cooked soybeans can be great additions to stews, soups, and other similar dishes. They can’t be left long without adding to a recipe, but they don’t have to be eaten quickly, either. In the fridge, cooked soybeans can be kept in an airtight container for about three days.
Got a question about this product? Ask us via our chat box or contact form.