Red Kidney Beans
Red Kidney Beans get their name after their color and shape. They are soft when cooked and have a mild flavor, making it a great addition to chili, soups, and stews.
What makes it unique?
- Good source of protein and low in fat
- Good source of iron, phosphorus, and potassium
- Contains phytonutrients
Find out more information about Humble Market’s Red Kidney Beans below.
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Serving Suggestions
- Care/ Shelf-life
Personal Wellness Benefits
- Improves Heart Health – Beans may have a positive impact on health when eaten as a replacement for meat or other protein sources that are high in cholesterol. Reducing cholesterol is one way to lower your risk of heart disease and improve heart health.
- Prevents Colon Cancer – Research proves that colon cancer is less likely to develop in people who regularly eat common beans, such as kidney beans. The non-digestible fiber regulates cell growth in the colon, which may help reduce the risk of developing colon cancer.
- Controls Blood Sugar – Beans are a low-glycemic index food, so they don’t cause spikes in blood sugar when eaten. They can also help regulate the effects of foods that cause spikes in blood sugar.
- Aids in Weight Management – The fiber in red kidney beans will make you feel fuller longer thus minimizing the risk for overeating.
Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Plastic-free Packaging
- Plastic-free Shipping
Red Kidney Beans
At least half a cup of red kidney beans per day can improve the overall health
Healthy Sloppy Joes
Chipotle Chicken Chili
Scrambled Eggs with Kidney Beans and Cheddar
Store in an airtight container
Q: Can I eat Red Kidney Beans raw?
A: No, you should cook them before consuming as eating them raw may make you sick.
Q: How do you cook Red Kidney Beans?
A: Make sure to soak them overnight or for at least eight hours before draining the water. Fill a pot with water, add the beans, bring water to a boil, then lower the temperature and cook beans until slightly tender
Got a question about this product? Ask us via our chat box or contact form.