A complete protein and fantastic gluten-free grain alternative, quinoa is one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet, with several health benefits ranging from improving blood sugar and cholesterol levels to aiding weight loss.
What makes it unique? Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein, and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids.
- High protein-low carbohydrate grain
- Plant-based source of iron
- Supports weight loss
Find out more information about Humble Market’s Quinoa below.
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Nutrition Facts
- How to use
- Care/ Shelf-life
- Reviews (0)
Personal Wellness Benefits
- High in protein – Quinoa is high in protein compared to most plant foods. It also contains all the essential amino acids that you need, making it an excellent protein source for vegetarians and vegans. Adding quinoa to a diet rich in a variety of plant-based protein sources will ensure an optimal balance of amino acids in order to meet your body’s needs.
- Rich in antioxidants – Quinoa is very high in antioxidants, which are substances that neutralize free radicals and are believed to help fight aging and many diseases.
- Plant-based source of iron – Quinoa is one of the notable plant-based sources, providing around 3 milligrams of iron per cup. Iron is a mineral that is required for the proper function of hemoglobin, which transports oxygen in the blood to cells throughout the body.
- Lowers blood sugar levels – People with type 2 diabetes are unable to use insulin effectively, causing high blood sugar levels and various complications. Quinoa lowered both blood triglycerides and free fatty acids. It also affected blood sugar levels to a lesser degree than gluten-free pasta, gluten-free bread, and traditional bread.
- Supports weight loss – Quinoa has many properties that make it a weight-loss-friendly food. Protein in quinoa is considered a key factor for weight loss, as it boosts metabolism and feelings of fullness. In doing so, it may help prevent obesity and related diseases. Quinoa’s fiber content is also important for weight loss, promoting decreased calorie intake by increasing feelings of fullness and improving gut health.
Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Plastic-free Packaging
- Plastic-free Shipping
- Organic – No artificial chemicals were added in the cultivating, processing, and storing of our quinoa.
- Serving size: 100g
- Calories: 120
- Protein: 4.4g
- Carbs: 21.3g
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Fat: 1.9g
100% raw quinoa grains
How to use
Quinoa is very easy to incorporate into your diet. You can easily find many healthy and diverse recipes for quinoa online, including breakfast bowls, lunches and dinners.
Depending on the type of quinoa, it can be important to rinse it with water prior to cooking to get rid of saponins, which are found on the outer layer and can have a bitter flavor.
It can be ready to eat in as little as 15–20 minutes:
- Put 2 cups (240 ml) of water in a pot, turn up the heat.
- Add 1 cup (170 grams) of raw quinoa, with a dash of salt.
- Boil for 15–20 minutes.
It should now have absorbed most of the water and gotten a fluffy look. If done right, it should have a mild, nutty flavor and a satisfying crunch.
Power Salad Bowl
Power Salad Bowl | Allrecipes
Quinoa Black Bean Burgers
Quinoa Black Bean Burgers | Allrecipes
Store in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.
There are no reviews yet.