Pure Cacao Tablea
100% pure fermented cacao tablets made from ground cacao beans, with no added sugars or preservatives – perfect for hot chocolate drinks or chocolate dessert recipes
What makes it unique? These cacao tablets are a great source of calcium and densely packed with iron, magnesium and antioxidants.
- Sourced from Davao, the chocolate capital of the Philippines
- Rich and dark cacao flavor
- Considered a nutritional superfood
- Pure cacao tablets give you the freedom to choose your own sweetener in recipes and are in control of your sugar intake
Find out more information about Humble Market’s Pure Cacao Tablea below or through our journal article.
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Nutrition Facts
- Serving Suggestions
- Care/ Shelf-life
Personal Wellness Benefits
- Lowers blood pressure – Cacao tablea is packed with flavonoids. These nutrients have been shown to help lower blood pressure, improve blood flow to the brain and heart, and aid in preventing blood clots.
- Reduces diabetes risk – Our cacao tablets have no added sugar and other preservatives. Its flavonoid content also helps increase insulin sensitivity, reducing your risk of diabetes.
- Prevents cardiovascular disease – Cacao tablets also contain lots of potassium. Potassium has been shown to decrease the risk of heart disease by reducing lower body inflammation and stress on cells.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties – The flavonoids in cacao tablea can help to reduce inflammation throughout your body. Reduced inflammation may lessen your risk of some cancers, diabetes, arthritis, depression, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Plastic-free Packaging
- Plastic-free Shipping
- Organic – No chemicals were used in the growing and processing of cacao beans. This product is certified good for you and the planet.
- Locally-sourced – This product is locally-sourced, meaning it supports the local economy and it avoids high carbon emissions from long-distance transporation.
- Serving size: 1 tsp
- Calories: 19
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 0.7mg
- Potassium: 25mg
- Carbohydrates: 0.8g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein 0.4g
- Calcium: 0.2% of DV
- Iron: 2.9% of DV
100% pure, raw cacao. Does not contain sugar or other additives
Cacao Tablea is normally used in making Filipino-style hot chocolate or it can be melted and incorporated into desserts such as champorado.
Filipino Hot Chocolate
Cacao Tablea Chocolate Cupcakes
Tablea de Cacao Chocolate Cupcakes | Tasty Kitchen
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep in the refrigerator to double its shelf life.
3 months at room temperature and up to 6 months in the refrigerator
Q: What is the difference between cacao and cocoa?
A: Generally, raw cacao products — made from fermented, dried, unroasted cacao beans — are less processed and healthier. Cocoa, on the other hand, is made with roasted beans, and often has sugar added.
Got a question about this product? Ask us via our chat box or contact form.