Organic Black Rice
Also known as “Forbidden Rice” or “Emperor’s Rice.” Black Rice is an unpolished whole grain with a nutty flavor. It has very high levels of antioxidants and fiber, and packs superior nutritional values.
What makes it unique?
- Contains the highest amounts of protein, fiber, and antioxidants compared to other rice varieties
- Has a beautiful and stunning black-purple color from a pigment called anthocyanin, which has potent antioxidant properties
- Can be used in salads, nourish rice bowls, or as a side dish
- Its nickname comes from being exclusive to the royal family in ancient China due to its nutritional superiority.
Find out more information about Humble Market’s Organic Black Rice below.
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Serving Suggestions
- How to cook
- Storage Instructions
- Reviews (0)
1kg, 500g, 250g
Personal Wellness Benefits
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic – Black rice contains anthocyanins and that is what gives it its black color. Anthocyanins have anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties that may aid in preventing cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, as well as loss of vision
- Rich in antioxidants – Antioxidants present in black rice protect the body from free radicals that cause oxidative stress to the body.
Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Plastic-free Packaging
- Plastic-free Shipping
100% gluten-free black rice
Black Rice can be incorporated into your burritos, wraps, or salad bowls. Black Rice is also relatively sticky when freshly cooked, so it can be a great alternative to your plain white sticky rice.
How to cook
Step 1: Combine 1 cup of black rice and 1 3/4 – 2 1/4 cups of water.
Step 2: Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Step 3: Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the rice is tender. 30-35 mins.
Step 4: Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Place in an airtight container in a cool and dark place.
2 years if stored in the refrigerator or freezer.