A reusable alternative to disposable sanitary napkins and tampons.
What makes it unique?
- Holds more liquid than tampons or sanitary pads
- Can be left in for 12 hours compared to tampons which have to be replaced every 4 hours
- Long-term use up to 10 years
- Less Odor
- Comes with a cotton drawstring travel pouch
Find out more information about Humble Essentials’ Menstrual Cup below.
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- Environmental Wellness Benefits
- How to use
- Care Instructions
- Storage Instructions
- Reviews (0)
Personal Wellness Benefits
Menstrual cups collect blood while tampons absorb blood. This prevents the risk of obtaining toxic shock syndrome (TSS), which is a rare bacterial infection associated with tampon use.
- Further, most sanitary pads are made of 90% plastic, and cotton is considered the most heavy pesticide sprayed crop in the world (if not certified as organic). It means that these products contain chemicals which your body can easily absorb.
Environmental Wellness Benefits
- A single woman uses an average of 16,000 sanitary pads or tampons in her lifetime. This translates to 45 billion disposable feminine hygiene products dumped in landfills each year. Like diapers, these take hundreds of years to decompose.
- Plastic-free packaging
- Plastic-free shipping
100% Medical grade silicone and a 100% cotton drawstring travel pouch
How to use
U-Fold Method: Press the sides of the cup and fold in half before inserting the cup at angle towards you.
Push down method: Place a finger on the top rim, press down into the center of the base to form a triangle before inserting the cup at angle towards you.
Wash your hands before removing and emptying your cup, then rinse with clean water. At the end of your period phase, sterilize the cup by boiling it for five minutes.
Store in an area with good ventilation
10 years with proper care