Himalayan Black Salt
Himalayan black salt, a.k.a. Indian black salt or kala namak, is a great natural, low-sodium alternative to refined table salt, to enhance the flavor of many dishes with its pungent, savory, and umami flavor.
Due to its subtle, sulfurous aroma similar to eggs, it’s used in vegan cooking to provide an egg-like flavor.
What makes it unique? Aside from its culinary uses with its unique flavor profile, it is also used in Ayurvedic medicine to improve digestive health and lower high blood pressure.
- Cures bloating and constipation
- Supports weight loss
Find out more information about Humble Market’s Himalayan Black Salt below.
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- Environmental Wellness Benefits
- How to use
- Storage Instructions
- Reviews (0)
Personal Wellness Benefits
- Supports weight loss – Black salt is said to aid weight loss by dissolving and disintegrating enzymes and lipids to prevent the accumulation of fats in the body. Himalayan black salt is an essential part of Ayurvedic medicine to dissolve unhealthy fat content in the body.
- Cures bloating and constipation – Black salt is an integral part of several Ayurvedic churnas to treat constipation, stomach irritation, and many other stomach ailments. Black salt is also claimed to improve digestion and reduce acid reflux, acts as a laxative, and relieve gas and bloating.
- Relieves muscle spasms and cramps – Black salt may help in relieving painful muscle cramps. Potassium, a mineral available in black salt, is essential for proper muscle function. Thus, replacing your regular salt with black salt may help keep muscle pains and cramps at bay.
Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Plastic-free Packaging
- Plastic-free Shipping
Himalayan black salt starts as pink Himalayan salt, which is a type of rock salt. Traditionally, it was mixed with herbs, seeds, and spices and then heated to high temperatures.
How to use
For detoxing: Mix one tablespoon of black salt in a glass of warm water. Drink it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
Black salt is commonly used as a flavoring agent in cooking. To reap the maximum benefits of black salt, mix it the same way you might use refined table salt and use it in your dishes.
Basic Tofu Scramble
Veggie Pakora with Sweet Potato and Broccoli
Keep in a container and store in a cool, dry place.
Q: Is Himalayan black salt better than regular salt?
A: Black salt differs from regular table salt in the way it’s made and the way it tastes. Many black salts are made synthetically from a combination of sodium chloride, sodium sulfate, sodium bisulfate, and ferric sulfate. The salt is then mixed with charcoal and heated before the final product is ready. Alternatively, regular table salt — the kind you find in your salt shaker — is highly processed and refined, meaning most of the trace minerals are removed.
Q: What is the difference between Himalayan black and pink salt?
A: Himalayan salt is pink in color due to the presence of iron components. Basically, the black salt composition comprises sodium sulfate, sodium chloride, iron sulfide, sodium sulfide, hydrogen sulfide, and sodium bisulfite.
Got a question about this product? Ask us via our chat box or contact form.