Dried oregano is considered a staple herb in many cuisines around the world. It has a strong flavor and brings warmth to dishes, along with a hint of subtle sweetness.
What makes it unique? Though typically used in small amounts, oregano packs in some important nutrients. Just one teaspoon of dried oregano can fulfill about 8% of your daily vitamin K needs.
- Helps fight bacteria
- Help reduce viral infections
- Commonly combined with olive oil, marinades, basil, and thyme
Find out more information about Humble Market’s Dried Oregano below.
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- Environmental Wellness Benefits
- How to use
- Storage Instructions
- Reviews (0)
25g, 50g, 15g
Personal Wellness Benefits
- Rich in antioxidants – Oregano is high in antioxidants, which can help prevent damage by neutralizing disease-causing free radicals. In combination with other high-antioxidant foods like fruits and vegetables, oregano could provide a hearty dose of antioxidants that may help improve your health.
- Helps fight bacteria – Oregano contains certain compounds that have potent antibacterial properties. One study showed that oregano essential oil helped block the growth of Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, two strains of bacteria that can cause infection.
- Help fight viral infection – In addition to fighting off bacteria, oregano and its components may also protect against some viruses. In particular, carvacrol and thymol are two compounds found in oregano that have been shown to decrease the activity of viruses in several studies.
Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Plastic-free Packaging
- Plastic-free Shipping
100% dried oregano leaves
How to use
Dried Oregano has a more intensified flavor compared to fresh oregano because its essential oils are more concentrated. Use dried oregano a teaspoon at a time – only in small amounts because if used in large amounts, you will end up with a bitter and over-flavored dish.
Veggie lasagne recipe – BBC Food
Fajita Chicken Fried Rice
Fajita chicken fried rice recipe – BBC Food
Place in an airtight container and keep in a cool, dry place.
Q: Is dried oregano better than fresh oregano?
A: As a culinary herb, the flavor of oregano comes out better after being dried.
Q: Can I use this for tea?
A: Of course! Simply add a teaspoon of dried oregano leaves to hot water.
Got a question about this product? Ask us via our chat box or contact form.