Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are practically a staple protein ingredient in plant-based meals and desserts, or in Middle Eastern cooking.
What makes it unique? Dried chickpeas are much more economical and they tend to have a more natural flavor than canned chickpeas because they aren’t soaked in preservatives.
Find out more information about Humble Market’s Dried Chickpeas below or through our journal article.
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- Environmental Wellness Benefits
- How to Use
- Storage Instructions
- Shelf Life
- Reviews (0)
Personal Wellness Benefits
- Great source of fiber – Chickpeas are an excellent source of dietary fiber, with about 12.5g for every one cup of chickpeas
- Helps promote heart health – High-fiber, nutrient-dense legumes like chickpeas are known to help balance unhealthy cholesterol levels, reduce hypertension, and protect against heart disease.
- Lowers inflammation and improves immune functions – Chickpeas can also benefit the digestive system and improve immunity by counteracting acidity from a poor diet, balancing the body’s pH level to fight inflammation, and stop the proliferation of cancer cells.
Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Plastic-free Packaging
- Plastic-free Shipping
Whole Chickpeas (Dried to prolong shelf life).
How to Use
Just as with any other dry bean, the first thing you will have to do before cooking dried chickpeas is to soak them for at least an hour. It’s best done overnight.
Once the chickpeas have soaked, it’s time to cook them. Once the chickpeas are cooled, they are ready to be served. Cooked chickpeas can be kept covered in the refrigerator for up to three days. They can also be frozen in an airtight container for about a month.
One-Skillet Creamy Chickpeas with Eggs and Prosciutto
Garlic and Herb Hummus
Keep in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
6 months in the refrigerator
12 months in the freezer
Q: How is this better than canned chickpeas?
A: Unlike canned chickpeas, dried chickpeas are not soaked in preservatives in their storage.
Q: Can I cook dried chickpeas without soaking them?
A: Since it goes through a drying process, it is best to soak them before cooking. Dried chickpeas alone will cook longer and will be hard and chewy.
Got a question about this product? Ask us via our chat box or contact form.