Cloves are a warming spice used often along with cinnamon and nutmeg in cooking, baking, or in drinks such as mulled wine, cider, or chai.
What makes it unique? Cloves have thermogenic properties that may help to raise core body temperatures and improve circulation, creating a warming effect. It can be also used as a natural preservative that inhibits the growth of bacteria.
Find out more information about The Urban Spices’ Cloves below.
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Serving suggestions
- Storage Instructions
- Reviews (0)
10g, 20g, 50g
Personal Wellness Benefits
- Oral Health – Cloves can be taken for a reduction in gum diseases such as gingivitis and periodontitis. Clove bud extracts significantly control the growth of oral pathogens, which are responsible for various oral diseases.
- Reduces Body Pain and Inflammation – Cloves help eases pain by stimulating pain receptors in the body.
- Fights Cancer – Eugenol, the major property in cloves, aids in the death of cancerous cells.
- Helps in Treating Acne – Clove oil improves skin health by killing bad bacteria and fighting inflammation.
Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Plastic-free packaging
- Plastic-free shipping
Cloves are often used along with cinnamon and nutmeg in sweet dishes, flavored items for the autumn and winter holidays, and in drinks such as mulled wine, cider, or chai.
Orange Clove Spiced Biscotti
Lemon Clove Cookies
Squid in Clove Sauce
Pulled Pork with Cinnamon and Clove
Store in a tightly sealed glass container in a cool, dark, and dry place.
Whole Cloves – 1 Year
Ground Cloves – 3 Months