Naturally gluten-free and protein-packed, chickpea flour is made purely from ground chickpeas and is a healthy choice for everything from baking to frying.
What makes it unique? Packing a serious nutritional punch when compared to whole wheat flour, chickpea flour has less calories and carbohydrates —plus more protein.
- Great source of fiber
- Helps promote heart health
- Lowers inflammation and improves immune functions
- Plastic-free packaging
- Plastic-free shipping
Find out more information about Humble Market’s Chickpea Flour below.
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- Environmental Wellness Benefits
- How to use
- Storage Instructions
- Reviews (0)
Personal Wellness Benefits
- Great source of fiber – Chickpea flour is an excellent source of dietary fiber, with about 12.5g for every one cup of chickpea flour, compared to refined flours with little to no nutrients left.
- Helps promote heart health – High-fiber, nutrient-dense legume-based flour-like chickpeas are known to help balance unhealthy cholesterol levels, reduce hypertension, and protect against heart disease.
- Stabilizes blood sugar and prevents diabetes – Chickpea flour has a form of complex carbohydrate called starch that the body is able to slowly digest and use for energy over time in a much more beneficial way than consuming refined carbohydrates
- Lowers inflammation and improves immune functions – Chickpeas can also benefit the digestive system and improve immunity by counteracting acidity from a poor diet, balancing the body’s pH level to fight inflammation, and stop the proliferation of cancer cells.
Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Plastic-free Packaging
- Plastic-free Shipping
Finely sifted flour made from ground chickpeas that underwent a drying process.
How to use
Chickpea flour goes great with both sweet and savory ingredients. You can also use chickpea flour in place of coconut flour or other gluten-free flour in many recipes.
For example, grain-free muffins, baked mini omelet muffins, protein bars, and brownies can all benefit from having some chickpea flour added for extra density, protein, and fiber.
Vegan curried sweet potato and chickpea patties
Double chocolate chickpea flour cookies
Keep in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
6 months in the refrigerator and 12 months in the freezer.
Q: Is chickpea flour safe for people with nut allergies?
A: Like peanuts, chickpeas are not nuts, but legumes. They have a similar protein content, but unless you have had an allergic reaction to chickpeas, you should not need to avoid them even if you have a peanut or tree nut allergy. Most people with peanut allergies tolerate other legumes without a reaction.
* It would still be best to consult with your allergist to verify allergic reactions.
Q: How would I know if my stored chickpea flour is still good?
A: The flour should smell sweet and nutty. If it tastes bitter, it’s gone bad.
Got a question about this product? Ask us via our chat box or contact form