Chia Seeds are tiny black & white superfood seeds — loaded with fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation and support weight loss.
What makes it unique? Chia seeds are among the healthiest superfoods on the planet. They’re loaded with nutrients that can have important benefits for your body and brain.
- Highly nutritious with very few calories
- Rich in fiber
- Packed with antioxidants
- Great source of high-quality protein
- Contains important Bone Nutrients
- Can be added to water or almost any recipe
Find out more information about Humble Market’s Chia Seeds below.
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Nutrition Facts
- How to use
- Storage Instructions
Personal Wellness Benefits
- Highly nutritious with few calories – Despite their tiny size, chia seeds are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. They’re loaded with fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and various micronutrients.
- Packed with antioxidants – Chia seeds are high in antioxidants that help protect the delicate fats in the seeds. They also have various benefits for health.
- Rich in fiber – Almost all of the carbohydrates in chia seeds are fiber. This gives them the ability to absorb 10–12 times their weight in water. Fiber also has various beneficial effects on health.
- Great source of high-quality protein – Chia seeds are high in quality protein, much higher than most plant foods. Protein is the most weight loss friendly macronutrient and can drastically reduce appetite and cravings.
- Contains important Bone nutrients – Chia seeds are high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and protein. All of these nutrients are essential for bone health.
Environmental Wellness Benefits
- Plastic-free Packaging
- Plastic-free Shipping
- Serving size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 58
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated Fate: 2.8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 1.9 mg
- Potassium: 49 mg
- Carbohydrates: 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 2 g
- Vitamin A: 0.1% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0.3% of DV
- Calcium: 5.8% of DV
- Iron: 5.1% of DV
100% chia seeds from the flowering plant Salvia Hispanica which is part of the mint family
How to use
Soak the seeds in water before use or grind them. It can also be used as an added ingredient in beverages, soups, salad dressings, oats, and so much more!
You can add chia seeds to food and beverages by simply sprinkling a few teaspoons on top. You can also mix this with juice and smoothies.
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Q: Are chia seeds safe for kids to eat?
A: Yes, children and teens can consume chia seeds as a part of a balanced diet. The US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) categorizes chia seeds as (GRAS) ‘generally recognized as safe.
Q: What does it taste like?
A: Chia seeds do not have a distinct taste on their own so you can add chia seeds to different sweet or savory meals and beverages to enhance the overall nutritional value of your child’s meal.
Q: Can I be consuming too many chia seeds?
A: Chia seeds are generally a healthy staple, but considering that it is loaded with fiber, a high fiber intake may be associated with negative digestive symptoms like abdominal pain, gas and bloating. Those with inflammatory bowel diseases may need to limit their fiber intake during flare-ups.
Got a question about this product? Ask us via our chat box or contact form.