BīJ Plantable Pencil
Plant your pencils into an herb. You can now choose from these 4 amazing herbs! Tomato, Chilli, Marigold and Tulsi (Indian Basil).
- Additional information
- Personal Wellness Benefits
- How to use
- Care/ Shelf-life
- Packaging/ End-of-life
- Reviews (0)
Tomato, Tulsi, Chili, Marigold
Personal Wellness Benefits
health benefits of the product
How to use
As a pencil:
Sharpen and use as a normal pencil.
How to plant the seeds:
- Prepare your pot – Use a pot with holes at the bottom for proper water drainage. Fill your pot 2/3 full with good potting soil. Pat down the soil and add more if necessary. You want the soil to be firmly full but not packed. You can choose to plant them indoors or outdoors, so you get to choose according to the temperature and conditions at the time of planting. They grow best in warm, humid temperatures.
- Place the seeds into the pot either by sticking the seed side of the pencil into the soil (the seed capsule is biodegradable) or taking them out of the capsul and spreading them out so they have space to grow, then cover the seeds with 1/8″ layer of soil.
- Water enough to dampen the soil but not drown it. Make sure to water the soil every time the first inch or 2 of the top soil is dry.
- Once sprouts appear, continue to keep the soil moist but be careful not to over-water. Once plants appear, water as needed.
Pencil, seeds, and biodegradable seed capsule.
storage instructions of the product
Paper and paper twine.
Stick the side of the pencil with seeds into a pot of soil to germinate the seeds, or if you’ll be separating the seeds from the pencil, you can keep using the pencil until it’s used up or recycle it. The paper and twine packaging can be recycled (biodegradable but not compostable).